Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mega Update!

Do you know that McD double burger patty promotion? The Big Mac is called Mega Mac with 4x beef patties, scary I know... my mouth is not even big enough to bite down on it. Anyways, my point is... I kind of missed the weekly creation update last week lol, so I'm going to make up for it by having 2x week's worth of updates today! Items made last week (which most of them are up for sale in my shop already) and items I made this week which I will list gradually over the week. So you're getting a first sneak peek! ;)

First up is the only bookmark I did all this time.

Title : My Little Pony
Price : USD12.00

I first saw this adorable charm on eBay and immediately thought of my friend who loooooves horses. When I saw it in a supply shop I frequent, AND found out that it is double-sided, I got it immediately! It's just sooooo cute!! I used to watch My Little Ponies when I was little, although I don't remember most of the pony's names, but it is still very nostalgic~

Now on to the earrings!

Title : Drops Of Gold
Price : USD30.00

I had been trying to find an excuse to use Czech fire polished glass beads for a while, because I think they are so unique and beautiful. And finally I did! These earrings are so long and gorgeous (7.5cm) and would be perfect for formal events! I still have a lot of those bright yellow round faceted citrines too, courtesy of my mom ahaha.

Title : Purple Dream
Price : USD15.00

A more subtle, purple version of my sold Sparkling Blue earrings. I used some new pearls I acquired that are nickel free, neat! :D

Title : Celtic Blue
Price : USD15.00

My wire-wrapping class mentor Mastura from Whimsical n Quirky made one of those closed spiral thingies during my class 2 weeks ago, and I decided to do something with it. :D So partial credit goes to her~

Title : Whale Spout
Price : USD15.00

I found these quirky little whale charms at the shop where I bought the pony charm too! :D They were double-sided too and quite thick, has a nice weight. (the shop had some really nice new stock this time!) And I decided to get them~ Hey you don't see whale charms all the time right? And I have an affinity to aquatic creatures hehe. These earrings are supposed to emulate the whale spouting.

Can you see it?? Can you??

Title : Black as Night
Price : USD15.00

New experiment on crystal rondelle beads, making that what I would call a 'hamburger belt' in the middle. (I don't know the official term for this!) Took me two tries to get it right, the key is to make very very small loops, but not too small! It needs to be just right.

Title : Blue as the Ocean
Price : USD15.00

Light blue version of the earrings above. These are very shiny and sparkly!

Title : Lavender Pearls
Price : USD15.00

Simple purple dangle earrings. Was experimenting with the middle portion with layering (below the two purple pearls)

Title : Rubies in Ribbons
Price : USD20.00

I bought these pretty teardrop swarovski crystals to practice wire wrapping on, and I think I didn't do too bad for a first try. :D The teardrop crystals are so pretty though! But quite pricey sobs sobs.

8 pairs of earrings! Whooo~ that took me a while, now on to the bracelets!

Title : Woodland
Price : USD20.00

The color combination for this is kind of accidental too, I was picking out colors to restock and placed these three colors together by coincidence. It makes a nice, soft hue~

Title : Calypso's Treasure
Price : USD23.00

This was actually the first bracelet I ever made, note the keyword 'was'? It was my failed first attempt for a bracelet haha, I did not know whether I should make a charm bracelet or a cluster bracelet at that time, not to mention using the wrong chain... I finally got around to take apart that bracelet and made a new one that I dare to show people! I love those swirly beads, I should use them more often :)

Title : Citrus
Price : USD23.00

I was all sneaky sneaky and read up on Etsy's June Merchandising Desk (I'm sure a lot do too!) and realized that in June the trend would be citruses! So I got busy and made this adorable citrus themed bracelet. >u<>

Title : Vampire's Kiss
Price : USD22.00

Following up from the bracelet above, apparently the Twilight Eclipse movie will be premiering in June. Although I don't read nor watch the movies (I'm afraid that I will be staked by some of my writer friends if I do) I thought I should ride along the hype and make something suitable for goths. This color combination was pretty fun actually, maybe I will make another similar one in the future. :) Gotta milk those Twilight fans muwahahahahaha!

Title : White Lily
Price : USD22.00

A (nearly) pure white bracelet suitable for brides and brides maids. I thought I should try making some bridal jewelry to appeal to a broader audience. I added some shinies into the bracelet so it would have more bling as well.

Title : Patriotism
Price : USD20.00

Also inspired by the June Merchandising Desk, red, white and blue will be in trend. I assume because of 4th of July? These colors are based off of the American flag, looks very patriotic, hence the name. I might make another variation in the near future, we'll see. :)

Whoo~ that's all for the mega update! That took me a while, phew~ Remember the giveaway for a FREE bracelet and cobweb earrings by your's truly is still on-going on LisbonSky's blog. 279 comments as we speak!! Wow, I am quite surprised by the outcome. She also mentioned that this is probably the most popular giveaway she had to date, so that makes me pretty happy and proud. :D There are still like... more than 10 days left for the giveaway lol, I wonder what would be the number of entries be when it ends? Sooooo excited!! >u<

2 comments:

Plantress said...

I love how romantic all your earrings are. I really like the first bracelet you ever made. I'm glad you remade it after you took it apart. I struggle with getting back to pieces I discarded-it's like the dream died and I can't use the piece for something else.

Alex Kam said...

Hello Plantress. I know how you feel, I kind of left the bracelet forgotten for a long while. But once you picked it up and tear it apart, salvaging materials for something new, perhaps something could spark from it again?

I still need to get around and do changes/adjustments to the necklace I made hahaha. Still not quite sure what to do with it...

Post a Comment