Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Tunes - Hell Frozen Rain

Want to start a new weekly series to share my favorite music to my blog readers. :) I am a self-proclaimed audiophile and music is a big part of my life, I listen to music while I'm at work, I listen to it when I am at home, when I am driving. There is always sweet tunes flowing into my ears. I just don't feel comfortable when there isn't music or some sort of background sound going on.

With that said, I listen to a huuuuuuge genre. From rock/pop bands like Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Maroon 5 and Nickelback to musical soundtracks such as Phantom of the Opera, Moulin Rouge and Sweeney Todd to hip-hop/pop like Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Mika. I also listen to games, movies and TV series soundtracks. My iTunes currently boasts at 1435 songs and counting.


Here is my recommended music for this week. Akira Yamaoka is one of my all-time favorite composers for probably one of my most favorite game series ever! Silent Hill. One of the commentors said it best, no one makes haunting music like Akira Yamaoka, and Mary Elizabeth MyGlynn just sounds like a siren to his songs. It's just such a pity that Akira quitted the series (having composed for ALL the games and even the movie!!) after 10 years on it. :( I do hope that Akira and Mary would work together again someday, so they could make sweet tunes again!

Anyways, enough of my fangirling over Akira Yamaoka. Here it is, enjoy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment